Amid a rash of serious security breaches, President Obama heads to Stanford University on Friday to host a high level cybersecurity summit with top tech, industry, regulatory, legal, and academic experts.
Among the big name speakers and panelists are: Apple CEO Tim Cook; Scott Charney, Corporate VP Trustworthy Computing at Microsoft; Eric Grosse, VP for Security Engineering at Google; Melody Hildebrandt, Global head of cyber security at Palantir; Alex Stamos, Chief Information Security Officer at Yahoo, and Joe Sullivan, Chief Information Security Officer at Facebook.
The panels will address:
- Public-Private Collaboration on Cybersecurity
- Improving Cybersecurity Practices at Consumer-Oriented Businesses and Organizations
- Promoting More Secure Payment Technologies
- Cybersecurity Information Sharing
- International Law Enforcement Cooperation on Cybersecurity
- Improving Authentication: Moving Beyond the Password
- Chief Security Officers’ Perspectives: New Ideas on Technical Security