Today's keynote at the Microsoft Management Summit 2011 (MMS2011) focused on cloud computing and consumerization. Microsoft Vice President Brad Anderson took the stage to announce the availability of a number of new and updated products and features in the System Center product family, including:
- System Center Configuration Manager 2012 - beta 2 [website]
- Microsoft Bitlocker Administration and Monitoring (MBAM) beta [website]
- Windows InTune General Availability [website]
- Integration of Forefront Endpoint Protection 2010 in Core Client Access License (CAL) Suite
- Microsoft Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset (DaRT) beta in April [website]
MBAM and the Microsoft Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset (DaRT) will be part of the next version of the Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack (MDOP). Anderson said that MBAM should help streamline BitLocker provisioning, deployment, compliance and reporting, while DaRT will include remote session support and the ability to boot from a USB memory stick or recovery tools.
I'll be covering MMS2011 here in Las Vegas all week, along with my Windows IT Pro colleagues Mike Otey, Sean Deuby ( @shorinsean), and Zac Wiggy ( @zacwiggy). Check back for more information on what Microsoft will be announcing at the show.
Are you attending MMS 2011 this year? Let me know what you think of the show by commenting on this blog post or following me on Twitter.
- Follow Jeff James on Twitter at @jeffjames3
- Follow Business Technology on Twitter at @BizTechMag