Selection Sunday is over and the field for the 2015 NCAA Men’s basketball tournament, commonly referred to as March Madness, is ready to being later this week.
Just like Fantasy Football – building your own bracket to track the tournament has become a staple for offices and people who follow college basketball around the world. Even folks who would not think twice about this tournament still tune in and fill in their own bracket just because it is March Madness.
Well we have already seen in the past how Bing Predicts is using big data and machine learning to analyze the minutia of details available for so many popular events and now that same technology is available to help you fill in your own bracket for the 2015 tournament.
You can head over to http://www.bing.com/bracketbuilder to get started but here are the features you will have available:
- Intelligent Predictions: We’ve built Bing predictions right into our bracket builder. So as you hover over a team, we give you all the data you need to make an informed decision on a matchup. Of all the features of our bracket, few are more exciting than our predictions. To learn more about how Bing Predicts works, click here.
- Auto-Fill: Only 1 in 5 people follow more than five teams, so how do you fill out an entire bracket with 68 teams when you really only care about whether your team makes the Final Four? Use the auto-fill function and Bing will help you fill out the rest using smart predictive capabilities and accounting for your favorite teams.
- Search within your bracket: If you don’t want to take Bing’s predictions for granted, we give you the next layer of team stats to help you make the most informed decision on the possibility of an upset. If you’re one of the 44 percent of us that do research online as we fill out our brackets – the Bing Bracket is for you!
- Interactive Highlights: With the Bing Bracket you can follow along during the tournament and watch highlights, research teams and players, check scores and engage with your picks directly. Miss a game in your matchup? Visit your bracket and see key highlights post game.
- Detailed game matchups: Kentucky v Duke? Gonzaga v UNC? Get detailed matchup stats, pulling in historical data and even Bing’s predictions on who’s favored to win and why. Want to know what it will take for the underdog to pull off an upset? You’ll find it here.
- Export: Four out of 10 March Madness fans will fill out more than one bracket. With Bing we’ll make it easy for you to export directly to the Capital One NCAA March Madness Bracket Challenge and compete against Bing.
- Print, save, share: Bing makes it easy to share your success with friends. Easily share on Facebook and Twitter with Bing – and let the games begin!
- March Madness hub: With 68 teams playing throughout the tournament, that’s a lot of games to keep track of. Bing has you covered. Keep your pulse on the games with a complete tournament schedule, links to watch the live games, matchup predictions, tournament stats, and the latest news from across the web – all within the bracket experience.
So who do you predict will win the tournament and is it fair to use tech to predict the winner?