You should spend some time configuring the options that control how PowerPoint behaves. Most of these options are found in the Tools → Options command.
In the Options dialog box, you will have access to dozens of configuration choices.
- If you understand an option and want to change it, do.
- If you are unsure what an option means, click the Help button in the upper-right corner of the Options dialog box.
You should look through all of the options and make changes according to how you work. The list below shows some options that many users modify:
- On the General tab, you can configure how many entries appear in the Recently used file list.
- On the Save tab, you can configure save options such as the default file location.
- On the Save tab, be sure to disable (deselect) Allow Fast Saves. This option can contribute to bloated file size and does not provide benefits that outweigh the headaches and security issues it introduces.