Prior to Service Pack 3 (SP3), the Microsoft Index Server running on Windows 2000 did NOT index .aspx and .ascx data types by default.
If you wish to index these data types, the easiest way is to apply SP3. To index these data types without applying SP3:
1. Copy / Paste the following to a ASP.REG file:
2. Merge the ASP.REG file with your computers registry.
3. Shutdown and restart Windows 2000.
4. Open a CMD prompt and type net stop "Indexing Service".
5. Delete the contents of the Catalog.wci folder for the catalog you want rebuilt.
6. Open a CMD prompt and type net start "Indexing Service".
7. Allow enough time for the catalog to be rebuilt.