When the non-descript box arrived, I didn’t know what to expect. As most of you know, I have miscellaneous gadgets show up regularly for me to test and review. This was one of them, and after the unboxing and inspection, I fully expected this product to be laughable. But that wasn’t the case.
The KingWear is a very useable, very likeable and stylish smartwatch that does pretty much what every other industry offering already does. Designed as a smartwatch first, it shows paired smartphone alerts and allows you to respond. As a pedestrian fitness device that is waterproof, it picks up Heart Rate, steps, and mileage without having to worry about rain. It doesn’t have GPS built, unfortunately, but it can alert when you’ve been sitting too long and report on your sleep habits.
But, the big feature is that it offers a SIM card slot, working with GSM networks: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz and its unlocked for Worldwide use. Yes…this smartwatch is a phone. Call quality is as you’d expect from a tiny device (there’s a serious echo), but for texting and responding without the need for your smartphone this is a great device. Hint: Dick Tracy.
As we get closer to the holiday season, gadgets like this, particularly for this price and qualty, make for a great stocking stuffer. I’ll be bestowing this on someone myself.
The KingWear KW18 is only around $50. Check it out here: KingWear KW18 Smartwatch Phone
Here’s the full specs:
· Brand: KingWear
· Type: Watch Phone
· CPU: MTK2502
· RAM: 64MB
· ROM: 128MB
· External Memory: TF card up to 16GB (not included)
· Compatible OS: Android,IOS
· Wireless Connectivity: Bluetooth,GSM
· Network type: GSM
· Frequency: GSM850/900/1800/1900MHz
· Bluetooth version: V4.0
· Screen type: Capacitive,IPS
· Screen size: 1.3 inch
· Screen resolution: 240 x 240
· Additional Features: 2G, Alarm, Bluetooth, Calendar, MP3, Waterproof
· Functions: Anti-lost alert, Heart rate measurement, Message, Pedometer, Remote Camera, Sedentary reminder, Sleep monitoring