Telerik has announced several improvements to the company's development tools in its 2012 Q2 release. The release focuses on addressing developers' requirements around mobile, cloud, and the Metro UI. Following are highlights of Telerik's new improvements:
- RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX—Telerik is shipping three new controls: the HTML5 Chart, which introduces data visualizations to applications; the RadODataDataSource control, which lets developers bind controls to OData services; and the RadBarCode control, which lets users add barcode formats to their apps.
- JustCode—Users can now save their JustCode settings in the cloud. Also, users can access or modify settings from multiple machines or Visual Studio instances.
- Telerik Report Designer—The final release of Telerik Report Designer lets end users and developers create, edit, export, and reuse ad-hoc reports on the fly.
- RadControls for Windows Phone—This suite includes more than 20 Metro design templates, such as page and content templates.
- JustDecompile—This solution is now integrated with Reflexil, an open-source assembly editor plug-in. With this enhancement, .NET assemblies that are loaded in JustDecompile can be directly manipulated.
The 2012 QA release is available immediately. Visit Telerik's product page for more information and a free trial.