Just in time for IT/Dev Connections 2014 to kick off, there's a new version of the Windows Management Framework, which includes updates to PowerShell, PowerShell DSC, and the PowerShell ISE. Jeffrey Snover, the inventor of PowerShell, will be on hand at the event to talk about some of the new features.
Here's what's included in the preview:
- Windows PowerShell 5.0
- Windows PowerShell Integrated Scripting Environment
- Windows PowerShell Desired State Configuration
- Network Switch Cmdlets – enables the ability to port configuration on Windows Server 2012 R2 certified network switches.
- OneGet – brings software management to PowerShell, allowing discovering and installation of applications from the web.
- PowerShellGet – is a cmdlet that manages cmdlets. PowerShellGet works with Microsoft's online cmdlet gallery to discover, install, and update cmdlet modules.
Get it WMF 5.0 Preview here: Windows Management Framework 5.0 Preview September 2014