This week Shavlik has introduced a new product that it plans to add to its current Shavlik Protect application. Called Empower, The cloud-based add-on provides hardware and software asset capabilities, allowing companies to deliver hardware and software inventory to the cloud and tie directly into manufacturer warranty information.
Currently in Beta, Empower offers the following features and capabilities:
- Cloud interface – Simple dashboards, reports, and user-centered views offer insight into the users, hardware, and software in your organization.
- Asset discovery – Discover and upload hardware and software information from each device on your network or network segment.
- Warranty information – Download information directly from your vendors and associate it with devices to receive better service and cost-savings.
- Multi-platform support – Supports Windows desktops, laptops, and tablets as well as Mac OS X.
- Configuration drift – Obtain time-based views to visualize a sequence of events on each device and use this information to troubleshoot hardware configuration issues.
You can learn more, sign-up for the beta, and read through a datasheet here: Empower
To get access to the Beta, you must be a current Shavlik Protect customer.