In addition to the subject behavior, the computer only responds to a ping (Packet Inter Net Groper)
You may also notice a quick warning about the Win32/Lasssrv.b virus.
This behavior is due to the Lsass.exe file being identified as infected and quarantined by Computer Associates (CA) eTrust Antivirus signature 30.3.3054, even though the file is NOT infected.
To workaround this behavior:
01. Start the Recovery Console. If it is NOT a menu item, start the computer from the Windows Server 2003 CD-ROM and press R on the setup screen.
02. Type the number that corresponds to the installation that you want.
03. Type the local Administrator password.
04. Type copy c:\windows\system32\dllcache\lsass.exe c:\windows\system32\lsass.exe. If you receive a File Not Found, copy Lsass.exe from another working copy of Windows Server 2003 at the same service pack level to a floppy and then use copy a:\lsass.exe c:\windows\system32\lsass.exe.
05. Restart the computer in Safe mode.
06. Start / Run / msconfig / OK.
07. Select the Services tab.
08. Select Hide all Microsoft Services.
09. Clear the following services:
eTrust Antivirus Job Server eTrust Antivirus Realtime Server eTrust Antivirus RPC Server10. Restart the server.
11. Visit http://www3.ca.com/support/vicdownload/NewlyDetected.aspx and download an updated signature.
12. Enable the antivirus services.