If your office mates want a little quiet, you can disable the Beep driver:
1. Right-click My Computer and press Manage.
2. Expand the System Tools and pesss Device Manager.
3. Use the View menu to Show hidden devices.
4. Double-click Non-Plug and Play Drivers.
5. Right-click Beep and press Properties.
6. On the Drivers tab, press Stop.
NOTE: Using REG.EXE, built into Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, and later operating systems, or installed from the Windows 2000 Support Tools:
1. Open a CMD.EXE window.
2. Type the following commands, pressing Enter after each line:
REG ADD HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Beep /V Start /T REG_DWORD /F /D 4
net stop beep