Q. I've moved the content path on my Microsoft SoftGrid server, and now no applications are being streamed. What's the problem? A. When the SoftGrid server is installed, you select a path that's used to store the streams that will be sent to the SoftGrid clients. You specify content in a number of locations such as the System Options of the server for the location of OSD and icon files (the OSD is the description of the application and instructs the client where the actual application stream is located) but this does not affect where the actual content is sent from. To change the content path perform the following:
- On the SoftGrid server, create your new content folder and copy the content from the old folder to the new.
- Ensure the new folder retains permissions for the SoftGrid server account, which needs at least read.
- Start the registry editor (regedit.exe).
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Softricity\SoftGrid Server\CurrentVersion.
- Double-click SOFTRICITY_SOFTGRID_CONTENT_DIR.
- Enter the new content path and click OK.
- Stop and restart the SoftGrid Application Server service.
C:\>net stop softgridserver C:\>net start softgridserverIf you don't update the registry, the next time you start the SoftGrid service it will fail.