Today Microsoft announced the retail availability of their latest charging plate accessory to go along with some of their Nokia Windows Phone handsets.
The new DT-903 Wireless Charging Plate has some enhancements that look like they will make the device a very cool thing to have on your desktop.
This charging plate can connect to your Nokia Lumia phone that uses the Bluetooth LE (Low Energy) technology and Qi charging to provide you visual light patterns of alerts from your phone for incoming calls, messages, and emails. In addition it will glow if your phone needs to be charged.
The three key pieces you need for these features to work are:
- Qi Wireless charging capable phone
- Bluetooth LE compatible phone
- Use Device Hub app to manage notifications (ships on all Lumias)
Some examples are the Nokia Lumia 830 and Lumia 735.
According to the Microsoft Store website product page for the DT-903 Wireless Charging Plate, the following phones can be charged using this accessory:
- Any phone that supports Qi wireless charging
- Nokia Lumia Icon
- Nokia Lumia 720
- Nokia Lumia 810
- Nokia Lumia 820 (requires CC-3041 Wireless Charging Shell)
- Nokia Lumia 822
- Nokia Lumia 920
- Nokia Lumia 925 (requires CC-3065 Wireless Charging Cover)
- Nokia Lumia 928
- Nokia Lumia 1020 (requires CC-3066 Wireless Charging Cover)
- Nokia Lumia 1520
- HTC 8X
They even demoed a modified Fatboy Edison Petit Lamp that flashed based on interactions with the phone at IFA Berlin 2014.
It is unfortunately not for sale.
You can get the DT-903 Wireless Charging Plate now at the Microsoft Store online for $59.00. According to a Microsoft spokesperson it will be available in the Microsoft Store retail locations in February.