Microsoft has a division called The Garage and they are constantly generating apps and other services that introduce new technology and methods for doing our everyday work.
The vast majority of the time, and much to the chagrin of Windows mobile users, they are usually built first for iOS and Android platforms.
This unique incubator was set up to help Microsoft employees launch experimental, consumer-focused apps faster and gain customer feedback on them. These apps, developed and released under the Garage brand, reiterate Microsoft’s continued commitment to innovation.
In the case of the three new productivity apps announced today by Microsoft India they are all for Android.
Each one brings a uniquely focused feature to the table for these devices - chat, content creation, and networking.
Here is a run down on the new apps that are available for download immediately.
Sprightly is an app for digital-content creation on phones that caters to an audience mainly focused on small-and mid-sized businesses. The app makes it easy to create professional-looking content on a mobile device to help businesses showcase and promote their products in a better manner.
- Multiple collage types – Catalogues, Pricelists, E-cards, Flyers
- Ability to share on multiple platforms including WhatsApp and Facebook
- Collections for easy reuse of content
- Option to export as a PDF and share on email
Connections helps users organize information about one’s friends, family members, and work acquaintances in an organized and chronological manner. Connections helps individuals and small businesses be prepared for every conversation by way of capturing, surfacing and sharing of context in the form of contact categories, notes and reminders.
- Quickly capture notes & reminders for contacts during/after phone calls
- Set reminders for each contact as a reminder to follow-up
- Categorize contacts with tags to auto-organize and to broadcast SMS to groups of contacts
- Add pictures from the phone gallery to have visual notes and reminders
- Use SMS templates to quickly send important business & personal details to the contacts
Kaizala is a productive chat application that supports clutter – free team conversations and helps work get done. It enables task assignment, tracking and confirming availability in a team. The app has been specially designed to help users, who are always on the move, keep track of items and other team members.
Sprightly, Connections and Kaizala are currently available on Android platform. These apps will also be available on the iOS platform shortly.
- Create groups for each project or have a standard personal chat as well
- Share or request location updates, share photos with location information
- Create & assign jobs as well as track status of jobs
- Capture and share bill photos along with other information to manage on the move billing
Looking for an awesome, no-nonsense technical conference for IT Pros, Devs, and Devops? Check out IT/Dev Connections!