The subject problem may occur on an Windows 2000 SP3 or SP4 RRAS server if the data values of the EnableICMPRedirect and EnableICMPRedirects Value Names are set to 0 at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters.
To resolve this issue:
01. Open Routing and Remote Access from the Administrative Tools folder of your Start menu.
02. Right-click the RRAS server and press Disable Routing and Remote Access.
03. Press Yes when prompted to confirm you want to disable RRAS.
04. Open Routing and Remote Access from the Administrative Tools folder of your Start menu.
05. Right-click the previous RRAS server and press Enable Routing and Remote Access.
06. Press Yes when prompted to confirm you want to enable RRAS.
07. Copy / Paste the following to an EnableICMPRedirects.reg file:
08. Merge the EnableICMPRedirects.reg file with your server's registry, or run regedit /s EnableICMPRedirects.reg.
09. Open a CMD.EXE window and type the following commands, pressing Enter after each:
net stop "Routing and Remote Access"
net start "Routing and Remote Access"