When you use any battery operated Windows XP-based computer to export to a DV camera, the export fails if all of the following are true:
- Your computer is battery operated, even if the power cable is connected.
- The computer is configured to use the Portable/Laptop power scheme.
- The DV camera is connected to your computer through a FireWire (IEEE 1394) cable.
1. In Control Panel, open Performance and Maintenance \ Power Options.
2. Select the Power Schemes tab.
3. Check the Always On Power scheme.
4. Press OK.
NOTE: If you have 3rd-party power management software, consult the vendor documentation.