During the second Setup restart, you receive:
Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt C:\Windows\inf\Biosinfo.inf
This behavior may occur if third-party software, such as an anti-virus, is installed prior to the upgrade.
To workaround this problem:
1. Restart your computer.
2. Start pressing the F8 key.
3. On the Advanced Options menu, select Return to OS Choices Menu and press Enter.
4. Select the Cancel Windows XP Setup option.
5. Use the Add/Remove Programs applet in Control Panel to remove the third-party software.
6. Restart your computer.
7. Upgrade to Windows XP.
8. When the upgrade is complete and you are logged on with Administrator privileges, install the removed third-party software.