To workaround the subject behavior:
1. When Setup hangs, press SHIFT+F10 to open a command prompt.
2. type Taskmgr to start Task Manager.
3. Select the Processes tab.
4. Select dllhost.exe in the list of processes and press End Process.
NOTE: If you receive:
Com+ setup error Subcomponent com+ raised exception while processing the OC_COMPLETE_INSTALLATION setup message. ..\csetuputil.cpp (line 5468) error code = 0x80080005 server execution failed Setup was unable to populate the local computer collection
5. In the command prompt, type Exit and press Enter. Setup should continue.