In addition to the subject behavior, you may not be able to download files from a secure Web site.
You may experience these behaviors if any of the following are true:
- Your user profile is corrupt.
- Your computer is not using 128-bit encryption.
To view the level of encryption on your computer, open Internet Explorer and press the Help menu and the About Internet Explorer item.
NOTE: A strength of 0 indicates that the Windows 2000 or Windows NT 4.0 High Encryption Pack may be corrupted.
To install the Windows 2000 High Encryption Pack, visit http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/downloads/recommended/encryption/default.asp
To install the Windows NT 4.0 High Encryption Pack, visit http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/recommended/128bit/default.asp
If your profile is corrupt:
1. Log on as a different user who is also a local administrator.
2. In Control Panel, double-click System.
3. Press User Profiles.
4. Select the corrupt profile and press Delete.
A new profile will be created when you log on.