To perform a parallel install of Windows XP:
1. Insert the Windows XP CD-ROM and restart your computer.
2. At the Press any key to boot from CD message, press any key.
3. Press Enter at the Welcome to Setup screen to begin Setup.
4. Press F8 to accept the End-User License Agreement.
5. Select the partition in which you want to install Windows XP and press Enter. A different partition than the original install is preferable.
6. Select the Leave the current file system intact (no changes) option if you are using the original partition.
7. Press Esc to install to a different folder if you are using the original partition. If Setup detects another operating system, it prompts for the new folder name after the back slash (\).
8. Press Enter to continue.
9. Follow the on-screen instructions.