NOTE: The Documents and Settings folder is NOT overwritten by this procedure.
1. Boot the Windows 2000 CD-ROM or Setup Boot Disks.
2. After Setup inspects your hardware, press Enter to set up Windows 2000.
3. Press Esc to to install a new copy of Windows 2000.
4. Select where you want to install the new copy and press Enter. A separate partition is preferable, but NOT necessary.
5. If installing to the original partition, press Enter to leave the file system intact.
6. if installing to the original partition, press Esc to install Windows 2000 in a different folder.
7. Proceed with the parallel installation.