When you attempt to unlock your workstation, you receive a message similar to:
The password is incorrect. Please retype your password. Letters in passwords must be typed using the correct case.
This behavior can be the result of the following:
1. Your password has expired.
2. ForceUnlockLogon is set to 1.
3. User must change password at next logon is enabled on your account.
To workaround this issue, use either of the following:
- log on to another computer in your domain and change the password. Log of and use the new password to unlock your workstation.
- Have an administrator unlock your workstation. This will cause any unsaved work to be lost.