When you attempt to establish a connection using your modem, you receive an error similar to:
MWME001:Modem Internal Error Primary code:5(0x0005) Secondary code:105(0x069) File: MWMWIN.C Line:4426.
This error will occur if your modem us incorrectly configured, possibly as a result of installing or upgrading software.
To resolve this issue:
1. Use Regedit.exe to navigate to:
2. Delete the NumEntries Value Name.
3. Press Yes to confirm the deletion.
4. Exit the Registry Editor.
5. Shutdown and restart your computer.
NOTE: See Microsoft Knowledge Base article 308022 for general modem troubleshooting.