When you attempt to open a folder, your receive:
Folder is not accessible. Access is denied.
If you created this folder on an NTFS volume using a previous installation of Windows, this error will occur because the SID of the account has changed. The fact that you used the same user name and password are irrelevant.
To resolve this problem:
01. Open My Computer.
02. Use the Tools menu to select Folder Options.
03. On the View tab, clear the Use simple file sharing (Recommended) box and press OK.
04. Right-click the folder and press Properties.
05. Select the Security tab. If a Security message is displayed, press OK.
06. Press the Advanced button.
07. Select the Owner tab.
08. Select your user name, the Administrators group, or Administrator, which ever is appropriate.
09. You may want to check the Replace owner on subcontainers and objects box.
10. Press Apply, OK, and OK.
11. If you receive:
You do not have permission to read the contents of directory Folder. Do you want to replace the directory permissions with permissions granting you Full Control? All permissions will be replaced if you press Yes.
press Yes and OK. Apply the permissions you desire to the folder and its' contents.