If you attempt to standby or hibernate more than once in a session, Windows XP hangs during the Preparing to stand-by or Preparing to hibernate functions, If Service Pack 1 and Nero CD-burning software is installed.
NOTE: The Nero Burning ROM versions 5 through 5.5 drivers interfere with the standby and hibernate functions of Windows XP SP1.
To resolve this problem, remove the Nero program:
1. Control Panel / Add or Remove Programs.
2. Press the Change or Remove Programs button.
3. Select the Nero program that you need to remove and press the Remove button.
4. Complete the on-screen instructions.
5. Visit http://www.nero.com to see if the program has been updated.