1. Install the Network Monitor Windows Component from the Control Panel / Add/Remove Programs applet.
2. Remove the Network Monitor Windows Component.
3. Did NOT restart your Windows 2000 server.
4. Install the full version of Network Monitor.
5. When you run Network Monitor, you will receive:
No Networks Found
No network drivers were found. Consult your manual to make sure that you have correctly installed Network Monitor. You will only be able to view previous saved files.
Because you did NOT restart, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\nm was NOT removed, preventing the installation of the full version.
To workaround this issue:
1. Restart your computer to remove HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\nm.
2. Install the full version of Network Monitor.