Your System event log contains the following entries when RRAS does not start:
Event ID: 20099 Source: RemoteAccess Computer: computer name Description: Cannot access registry value for GlobalInfo. Event ID: 7024 Source: Service Control Manager Computer: computer name Description: The Routing and Remote Access service terminated with service-specific error 234.This error can be the result of corrupt RRAS registry entries.
NOTE: The following procedure will require reconfiguration of your RRAS service and will disconnect any clients.
To fix the problem:
1. Start / Programs / Administrative Tools / Routing and Remote Access.
2. Right-click the target computer in the console tree and press Disable Routing and Remote Access.
3. Respond Yes to the following message:
You are disabling the router and removing its configuration. To re-enable the router, you will have to reconfigure it. Do you want to continue?
4. Right-click the target computer and press Configure and Enable Routing and Remote Access.
5. Follow the instructions in the Routing and Remote Access Server Setup Wizard.