NOTE: When setting the write speed of a CD-R device, DO NOT set it faster than the device is capable of writing, or you will create a coffee coaster. Set the burn speed in accordance with the media.
You can use either of the following methods to set the burn speed of your CD-R drive:
My Computer1. Double-click My Computer.
2. Right-click the CD-R drive and press Properties.
3. Select the Recording tab.
4. Select the speed at Desktop CD Recording and press OK.
Windows Media Player1. Open Windows Media Player.
2. Press Options on the Tools menu.
3. Select the Devices tab.
4. Select your CD-R drive.
5. Press Properties.
6. Select the Recording tab.
7. Select a burning speed.