When you inject a cleaning cartrige into a slot on your changer, you receive:
Event Source: ddsmc (a DDS Changer) Event ID: 7 Description: The device, \Device\Changer0, has a bad block. Event Source: Removable Storage Service Event ID: 111 Description: RSM could not load media in drive Drive 0 of library XXXXRSM can NOT tell the difference between a standard cartridge and a cleaning cartridge.
When this occurs, remove the cleaning cartridge from the slot. Then set the magazine in the changer again. RSM automatically configures it and synchronizes its database.
To use a cleaning cartridge in a changer, you MUST reserve a slot for it:
1. Start / Run / ntmsmgr.msc / OK.
2. Double-click Removable Storage.
3. Double-click Physical Locations.
4. Right-click the changer device and press Cleaner Management Wizard.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions.