If you can't install your NIC or NIC drivers, you may wish to install the Microsoft Loopback adapter, a virtual NIC, until you can install your NIC.
To install the Microsoft Loopback adapter:
1. Control Panel / Add/Remove Hardware.
2. Press Add/Troubleshoot a device and press Next.
3. Press Add a new device and press Next.
4. Select No, I want to select the hardware from a list and press Next.
5. Select Network adapters and press Next.
6. Select Microsoft in the Manufacturers box.
7. Select Microsoft Loopback Adapter in the Network Adapter box.
8. Press Next.
9. Press Finish.
After the installation, you can configure its options like any other NIC.