1. Right-click My Computer and press Manage.
2. Double-click Device Manager.
3. Double-click IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers.
4. Double-click the channel that your device is attached to, either Primary IDE Channel or Secondary IDE Channel.
5. Select the Advanced Settings tab.
6. The Current Transfer Mode reflects the results of hardware detection using your Transfer Mode setting.
7. If you toggle the Transfer Mode drop down, you may select PIO Only or DMA if available.
You must restart your computer if you made any changes.