A. Unless it is hardware related, such as you have not connected the cable correctly or you have not set the master/slave correctly you need to perform the actions below before disconnection the CD-ROM drive. Therefore if you have already disconnected the CD-ROM you should reconnect it temporarily.
- Start the SCSI Control Panel applet (Start - Settings - Control Panel - SCSI) and click the drivers tab
- Select the "IDE CD-ROM (ATAPI 1.2)" and click Remove
- Next click the Devices Control Panel applet and select the ATAPI device and click startup. Set the startup type to disabled.
- Select the ATDISK device and choose startup. For the type select Boot and choose OK.
- Copy ATDISK.SYS from the i386 directory on the NT installation CD-ROM to the %systemroot%\system32\drivers directory
- Shutdown Windows NT and remove the CD-ROM
You should now be able to boot normally. See Knowledge base article Q125933 for more information.