A. If you have enabled the strong password filter (for information on this see Q. How do I enable strong password filtering?) but your domain account policy has no password restrictions and allows blank passwords then you will get the error:
Your password must be at least 0 characters long. Your new password cannot be the same as any of your previous 0 passwords. Also, your site may require passwords that must be a combination of upper case, lower case, numbers, and non-alphanumeric characters. Type a password which meets these requirements in both text boxes.
To resolve this you will need to turn off the secure password filter
- Start the registry editor (regedt32.exe)
- Move to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa
- Double click on "Notification Packages"
- Remove the value "PASSFILT"
- Click OK
- Close the registry editor
- Reboot the machine
Alternatively turn off the ability to have blank passwords:
- Start User Manager
- Select Account from the Policies menu
- Set the minimum password length to 6 or above
- Click OK