A. The following instructions are to install Exchange 5.0
- Insert the Exchange CD-ROM into the computer
- Run <CD-ROM>\setup\i386\setup.exe (Start - Run)
- You may want to change the destination folder by clicking the "Change Directory" button
- Click the Custom Button
- Select the components you wish to install, you will only be able to install the Active Server Page extensions if you have IIS 3.0 with ASP installed.
- Click OK to continue
- Select your licensing method and click OK, check the "I agree" box and click OK
- Assuming this is the first Exchange server, click the "Create new site" and you should enter the organization and site name, click OK
- You need to select the Exchange admin account, by default the account you are currently logged on as will be displayed, however it is a good idea to have a separate Exchange Admin account (make sure it has "Log on as a service" and "Restore files and directories" rights). Enter the password for the account selected and click OK
- Once the installation is completed you will be asked if you want to run the optimizer utility, click "run optimizer" or exit.
It is a good idea to have a large pagefile.sys when running Exchange, a good size would be the amount of memory plus 100.