A. By default all users can create top level folders however this can be changed if you would like to restrict this
- Start the Exchange Administrator program
- Expand the site and select Configuration
- Select "Information Store Site Configuration" and select Properties from the File menu
- Select the "Top Level Folder Creation" tab
- You will notice that under "Allowed to create top level folders" All is selected by default. Change this to list and click the Modify button
- You will be shown a list of Exchange mail boxes, select the ones that should be allowed to create top-level folders and click OK
- Click Apply then OK
Click here to view image
- Setting top level folder creation access
Alternatively you could have left is as All and modified the list of people who should not be able to create top-level folders.
If people are still logged in they will be able to continue to create top-level folders until they close Outlook/Exchange and restart it.