A. Before a domain account can use instant messaging (IM), you must enable it as follows:
- Start the Microsoft Management Console (MMC) Active Directory Users and Computers snap-in (Start, Programs, Administrative Tools, Active Directory Users and Computers).
- Expand the domain/organizational unit (OU) that contains the user you want to enable.
- Right-click the user.
- From the context menu, select Exchange Tasks.
- Click Next.
- Select Enable Instant Messaging, and click Next.
- Select the Instant Messaging Home Server by clicking Browse. Then select the IM domain name from the drop-down list. Click Next.
- Click Finish on the summary screen.
Click here to view image