A. You enable machines to use Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) the same way you enable them to use DHCP and a proxy server. To enable DHCP, perform the following steps:
- Right-click My Network Places or start the Control Panel Network applet (Start, Settings, Control Panel, Network).
- Right-click the LAN connection (e.g., Local Area Connection), and select Properties.
- Select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), and click Properties.
- On the General tab, select "Obtain an IP address automatically."
- Click OK.
Click here to view image
To enable a proxy server (for Internet Explorer—IE), perform the following steps:
- Start IE.
- From the Tools menu, select Internet Options.
- Select the Connections tab.
- Click LAN Settings.
- Select Automatically detect settings, and click OK.
- Click OK to close the main dialog box.
You should now be able to use ICS from this machine.