A. There are two ways of performing this change, the first method just automates the second method.
- Logon as Administrator
- Start the System Control Panel applet (start - Settings - Control Panel - System)
- Select the Start-up/Shutdown tab
- In the "Show list for" box set the number of seconds to the delay required
Method 1 just updates the timeout value in the \[boot loader\] section of boot.ini so we can do this manually:
- Set the file to non-system and non-read-only
attrib c:\boot.ini -r -s
- Edit the file and change the timeout value to whatever you want, e.g.
to make it wait for 5 seconds change to
Save your changes
- Set the file back to system and read-only
attrib c:\boot.ini +r +s