A. By default Windows NT allows any program to access the floppy and CD-ROM drives. In a secure environment you may only want the interactive user to be able to access the drives and this is accomplished using the registry:
- Start the registry editor (regedit.exe)
- Move to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
- From the Edit menu, select New Reg_SZ type
- To allocate floppy drives create a name "AllocateFloppies", to allocate CD-ROM drives "AllocateCDRoms"
- Press enter, and then set the value to 1
- Logout and login again