A. You can configure a shared folder to be automatically available offline to clients. To do so, perform the following steps:
- Start Windows Explorer.
- Right-click the shared folder.
- Select Sharing from the context menu.
- Click the Caching button.
- Select the caching type:
- Automatic Caching for Documents
- Automatic Caching for Programs
- Manual Caching for Documents
Click here to view image
- Click OK.
- Click OK to the main share.
Clients connecting to the share (Windows 2000 clients) will automatically cache any opened files. Clients won’t cache the entire content, only files and programs that are opened from the share). If the share is unavailable, only the previously opened files will be listed and are the only ones that the clients can open. When the share goes offline, you receive the standard notification that the share is no longer available online, and you use the offline version.