A. By default, domain controllers replicate schema and configuration information once an hour. (For information about the type of data replicated, see the FAQ How does intrasite replication work in Windows 2000?.) To change this interval for domain controllers in one site, perform the following tasks.
- Start the Microsoft Management Console (MMC) Active Directory Sites and Services snap-in. (Select Programs, Administrative Tools, Active Directory Sites and Services from the Start menu.)
- Expand the Sites branch to show the various sites.
- Expand the site that contains the domain controllers. (The default site Default-First-Site-Name might be your only site.)
- Expand the servers.
- Select the server you want to configure replication to, and expand it.
- Double-click NTDS Settings for the server.
- Right-click the server you want to set replication from.
- Select Properties from the context menu.
- Select the Active Directory Service connection tab.
- Click Change Schedule.
- Modify the replication as necessary (see the Screen), and Click OK.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK.
Click here to view image
The schedule you set is for minimum replication. The replication schedule is one-way; you need to repeat the steps to configure the other direction. If you make a change, the notification and replication will occur after a 5-minute delay.