A. By default, users can use the File, Import and Export menu option in IE to import and export their IE Favorites. You can disable this functionality by performing the following steps:
- Start a registry editor (e.g., regedit.exe).
- Navigate to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft registry subkey.
- If the Internet Explorer subkey doesn't exist, create it (from the Edit menu, select New, Key and type "Internet Explorer" without the quotes), then navigate to that subkey.
- From the Edit menu, select New, DWORD Value.
- Enter the name DisableImportExportFavorites, then press Enter.
- Double-click the new value, set it to 1, then click OK.
The change takes effect immediately. Users will still be able to run the Import and Export Wizard, but when they click Finish, the wizard will inform them that it has been disabled.