A. Along with the ntds.dit file, the Active Directory (AD) keeps several log files that you might want to move to a faster disk. To do so, perform the following steps:
- Restart the domain controller (DC).
- Press F8 at the Startup menu when the system displays the list of OSs.
- Select Directory Services Restore Mode.
- Select the appropriate installation, if more than one exists, and then log on as an administrator at the logon prompt.
- Start a command prompt (Start, Run, cmd.exe).
- Start the NTDS utility, ntdsutil.exe.
- At the ntdsutil prompt, type "files" as shown below:
- At the file maintenance prompt, type the following:
file maintenance: move logs to \[new location for file\]
- To view the log files, at the file maintenance prompt, type "info":
file maintenance: info
- Type "quit" (without the quotation marks) twice to return to a C prompt.
- Restart the computer in Normal mode.