A. If you've configured your system to automatically log on to Windows, you can override the autologon feature and log on as another user by holding down the Shift key while you log off. To disable the override functionality, perform the following steps:
- Start the registry editor (regedit.exe).
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon.
- From the Edit menu, select New, String value.
- Enter a name of IgnoreShiftOverride, and press Enter.
- Double-click the new value, and set it to 1.
- Close the registry editor.