I drive a late model 2014 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan which I picked up last year as a Certified Pre-Owned vehicle.
The car is very comfortable and fuel efficient, I get 38 MPG currently, but it lacks any Bluetooth connectivity. I was OK with that based on the deal I received and I knew it would be very easy to add a third party hands free car kit when the time was right.
I have just started testing out one of those third party options from iClever - a HIMBOX Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit (HB01 Plus). It is available from Amazon for $39.99 and free shipping if you are a Prime member.
This model is an upgrade from their pervious version and features:
- Compatible with Cortana, Siri and Google Now
- A three port USB car charger with 2.4A of charging juice per port
- A longer cord to the control unit that allows you to place it where it best fits in your vehicle
- Provides controls for streaming music from your connected Bluetooth phone
- Uses Bluetooth 4.0
- Can be paired with two different devices
- Uses your vehicles auxiliary port for access to your cars speakers for hearing calls and has a speaker built into the control unit
When I installed this in my car it paired on the first attempt and will automatically reconnect with the last device that was active each time you return to your vehicle.
Check out the gallery to see the unboxing and my installation.