Once you have configured file properties, you can begin to use those properties to manage documents in Explorer. Simply specify that you wish to see the properties that will be most useful to you.
- Open the folder that you wish to configure to display file properties.
- Choose View → Choose Columns.
- Select the columns you wish to view by checking or clearing properties.
- Click OK.
- In the folder window, choose View ? Details.
- You can re-order columns by dragging the grey column headers to the left and right.
- You can sort the items in a folder by clicking the column header. Click once to sort in ascending (A-Z) order, and again to sort in descending (Z-A) order.
Once you have created a view, including the columns and the sort order you prefer, you can set that view as the default folder view.
- Configure your preferred folder view.
- Choose Tools ? Folder Options.
- Click the View tab.
- Click the Like Current Folder button.