JetBrains, a provider of software-development productivity tools, announced a major new release of its issue tracker and Agile project management system, YouTrack 4.0. A key new feature in YouTrack 4.0 is the addition of an independent Agile project management module. The new module works with both Scrum and Kanban workflows.
"YouTrack doesn't impose any specific Agile process on you, but helps you follow the core methodology guidelines and adapt them to your workflow," said Vadim Gurov, YouTrack Team Lead. "If you're new to Agile, you can organize and visualize your process and get introduced to the main principles of each process. If you're an expert, you can easily adapt YouTrack to your workflow and mix and match the best practices of each process."
Additional new features in YouTrack 4.0 include
- Scrum and Kanban boards for organizing project activities and viewing progress
- backlog management, where you can create Product and Release backlogs to manage features and tasks for different projects, releases or iterations
- Burndown and Cumulative flowcharts
- multiple projects on one board
- custom notification templates
- custom reordering of any list of issues
- subtasks support, which lets you create a subtask of any issue
- SSL keys management
- workflow compliance
- Global and Personal Context, which lets you work with YouTrack in your personal context
Scrum task board in JetBrains' YouTrack 4.0
YouTrack is available as a hosted in the cloud service (SaaS) called YouTrack InCloud or a standalone web application for download. Both options include a free version that accommodates up to 10 users. YouTrack InCloud commercial plans start from $10 per month. YouTrack Stand-Alone packs start from $249 and include a one-year subscription for software upgrades. You can find more details about YouTrack pricing at www.jetbrains.com/youtrack/buy.