If you use DCOM to enable the remote execution of COM objects, you might have encountered DCOM error 10021. Here's how to correct that error:
- Log on to the computer using an Administrator account.
- Select Run on the Start menu and type dcomcnfg.
- In the Microsoft Management Console (MMC) Component Services snap-in that appears, navigate to Console Root, Component Services, Computers, My Computer, DCOM Config, Framework service in the left pane.
- Highlight Framework service, right-click it, and select Properties.
- Select the Security tab.
- Under Launch and Activation Permissions, select the Use Default radio button and click OK. (Launch and Activation Permissions is set to Customize by default.)
- Close the Component Services snap-in and log off.
Before implementing these steps, I was getting four DCOM errors per logon. Now I don't get any.