When you connect via a Remote Desktop Connection, the theme does NOT display and is not available on the Display tab?
There are two possible reasons for this behavior:
1. You connected with a color depth below 15-bit.
2. You did NOT select the Themes box on the Experience tab.
To resolve this issue, before you connect:
1. Start / Programs / Accessories / Communications / Remote Desktop Connection / Options.
2. Select the Display tab.
3. Select a Colors of 15-bit or greater.
4. Select the Experience tab.
5. Check the Themes box.