DataDirect XML Converters 3.0 Announced
DataDirect XML Converters are high-performance Java and .NET components that provide bi-directional, programmatic access to virtually any non-XML file, including EDI, flat files, and other legacy formats. DataDirect XML Converters allow developers to seamlessly stream any non-XML data as XML to industry-leading XML processing components or to any application. They support StAX, SAX, XmlReader, XmlWriter, DOM, and I/O streaming interfaces, and can be embedded directly for transformation purposes, or as part of a chain of programs, including XSLT and XQuery, or even inside XML pipelines.
DataDirect XML Converters maximize developer productivity and provide a scalable solution for converting between EDI and other legacy formats and XML. More information is available at http://www.xmlconverters.com.
- Native support for Java and .NET. The Java version is written in pure Java and has no application server requirements. The .NET implementation is written in C#.
- Support for many EDI schemas and flat file types. Full support for X12, EDIFACT, EANCOM, IATA, and flat files (including CSV, Tab delimited, and dBASE).
- Support for a variety of custom files. DataDirect XML Converters support the definition of custom conversions for transforming custom flat file types to XML. Use Stylus Studio to graphically create the custom conversion definition and deploy it using DataDirect XML Converters.
- Streaming support delivers performance and scalability enhancements. Performance enhancements optimize the transformation of large EDI and flat files to XML, and vice-versa. The underlying streaming architecture and use of the supported streaming APIs drastically reduces the amount of memory required when processing large documents.
- Fully embeddable. Both the Java and .NET implementations of the DataDirect XML Converters are fully embeddable in applications, including support for any J2EE or .NET application server and XQuery and XSLT implementations.
- Support for StAX, SAX, XmlReader, and XmlWriter.
- Support for custom EDI messages. Supports the definition of custom EDI messages from scratch or based on a specific version/sub-version of the standard, but requiring additional sets of EDI groups, segments, composites, or elements.
- On-the-fly EDI validation. While converting EDI to XML and XML to EDI, a variety of validation tasks are performed on the fly. For example, syntax checking, presence of mandatory segments, EDI version numbers consistent with message structure, automatic conversion of dates, and more.
Price: Contact DataDirect; http://www.xmlconverters.com/buy/#
Web Site: http://www.datadirect-technologies.com